ADS 468x60

Monday, March 2, 2009

The 3-piece suit...the new power suit

In quite possibly the greatest movie of all time Michael Corleone is the central figure of this historic trilogy. His slicked back hair and fiery gaze was symbolic for the ultimate power figure in mafia cinema. Tag lines like, "Fredo, you're my brother and I love you...but don't ever speak against the family again, ever" and "don't ask me about my business". Make for one astonishing movie, how ever regardless of his fiery gaze or his stone cold voice Michael Corleone would not have the same conviction if it were not for his attire. I mean imagine him in suspenders and a wife beater (Sonny Corleone pulled this look off and look what happened to him). The 3-piece says, "look at me, I'm better than you and I don't even have to say anything, just look". It's an automatic attitude adjuster, it can make a frail shy kid into a powerful and overconfident man.

Now how do wear this sucker, well you can wear it to just about any formal gathering. I wouldn't wear it to the office unless you mean business but it's a powerful statement to wear a 3 piece so unless you're going to wear one every day wear for special occasions. Black is the preferred choice but with Spring coming up you can wear a grey one. I prefer the 2 button jacket to go along with it but you can spice it up with a 3 button. If you're going to wear one to a wedding make sure it's not black. Go with a brown or grey because more than likely the groomsmen are going to be wearing your outfit and you will look dumb. Nice priced 3 pieces can be found at Men's Wherehouse or Banana Republic. If you want to step it up go to Mario's or Nordstrom or Italy which ever one is closest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment